Last night Leanne and I sat down and planned out Thanksgiving. This is the first Thanksgiving we are hosting and we’re both really excited-however, we both have our different points of view. Leanne says my point of view is pretentious while I say her’s is boring. The reality is we both want to begin new traditions as a family and have the Thanksgiving meals that we host be something memorable. So we came up with our menu (which you will find at the end of this post) and we are working on what we are going to do for table settings.
I really enjoy cooking and Leanne really enjoys baking so we are both looking forward to this with excitement and lots of nervousness. (after all, it could very well suck) So, if you are in the Downey area and you don’t have a place to go for Thanksgiving let me know. We like to extend the table.
Also, if you would like the recipes for any of the below I would be more than happy to share them with you. Even the Lytle originals.
Thanksgiving 2008 Menu
-Drinks-Cranberry Martini’s & Mineral Water
– Roasted Squash, sweet potato, and garlic soup
– Pear and pomegranate salad with greens and pomegranate vinaigrette
– Turkey Roulade with cranberry sausage stuffing
– Sage and apple dressing
– Green beans with walnuts and lemon zest
– Mashed potatoes with caramelized onions
– Cran/pom sauce
– Squash, sage, and gorgonzola tartletts
– Drinks – House red and white wines – water – various sodas
– Mini pecan pies
– Mini pumpkin cheesecakes
– Assorted cookies
– Drinks – Coffee – hot chocolate – muscato