As a part of my year end recap I wanted to share some of my top tens. Today let me share with you my top ten songs from 2008. I ask you not to judge…because the temptation will be to judge…but don’t do it! Feel free to add your own personal faves in the comment section.
10. Womanizer – Britney Spears: Yeah it may be poorly written pop music but it gets stuck in your head and it makes you want to move.
9. Shut Up and Let Me Go – The Ting Tings: Yes it’s in an iPod commercial but they put it there because it’s a good song.
8. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz: This song is yet another great song from the most under appreciated musician out there.
7. Handlebars – Flobots: There is actually a genius to this song that not many people see.
6. Human – The Killers: Lyrically it is a beautiful song.
5. American Boy – Estelle ft. Kayne West: It’s just one of the songs that you can listen to a whole lot.
4. Chemtrails – Beck: It’s ethereal, lyrically significant, and sets the right tone for the lonely walk on the bridge that we all should take.
3.I Will Posses Your Heart – Death Cab for Cutie: A nice departure that really adds to there canon and serves as an effective chill/driving song.
2. Put a Ring On It – Beyonce: I don’t care who you are, this song wil get in your head like an earwig dig itself into your soul and make you want put your hands up…even if you aren’t a single lady.
1. Lovers in Japan(Acoustic)/Viva La Vida – Coldplay: Two distinct songs, both amazing. These two songs sum up my year.
There is my list…what’s yours.