Someone recently asked me…”What do you enjoy the most?” That got me thinking of a few of my favorite things. In no particular order…here you go.
1. Grace – Really really really a big fan.
2. Jesus – What can I say…He’s the coolest.
3. My family – sure were crazy, but who isnt?
4. Anything maple – MMMmmmmm maple.
5. Entertainment Weekly – It makes Friday mail exciting.
6. Movies – I have a top 150 if that gives you idea of how serious I am.
7. Snowballs – New Orleans frozen treat.
8. Disneyland – Happiest place on earth…seriously.
9. Young MC – You know you love him too.
10. Top Chef – One of the greatest reality shows ever!
11. Cooking – I secretly want to be a chef/pastor/philanthropist. I can do all three right?
12. Books – Like movies only better. I have a top 200…and none of this Kindle crap but the sanctity of the written word.
13. Traveling – I pretty much want to go everywhere but Nebraska and Kuwait…oh who am I kidding…I would totally go to Kuwait.
14. Explosions in the Sky – I’m not talking about fireworks.
15. Ensemble sitcoms – From Friends and Seinfeld to How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory it makes my laugh heartily.
16. Bread – I love it. If there was a bread diet I would be the thinnest person in the world.
17. Scarring the crap out of people – Nothing is more entertaining to me…I’m kind of sick like that.
18. Helping people – Theres something about doing the things that God wants you to do that just enlivens the spirit.
19. Tea – It has nuances and it is one of the few things in this world that relax me.
20. Preaching/Teaching – I learn most in preparation to teach others.
21. Air Conditioning – The most amazing thing EVER!
22. Killer Whales – I’m not really sure why.
23. The San Fransisco 49rs – That’s right baby!
24. St. Louis Blues – They made me fall in love with hockey.
25. Dreaming – The bigger the dreams the better.
26. Wind – Specifically when it rustles the leaves in fall. It is by far the best sound in the world next to your kids laughing.
27. My kid laughing – For obvious reasons.
28. Frosted Flakes – They’re GREAT!
29. Journey and U2 – Both great…ALWAYS. Come on, Don’t Stop Believing is perhaps the best song in the entire world.
30. Fall – The best time of the year.
31. Samantha Brown – She’s my tv girlfriend…Leanne’s ok with it since the teacher on GLEE is her tv boyfriend.
32. Burmese Mountain Dog – The most beautiful dog. I want one.
33. Factcheck.org – A great website.
34. Farmville – The most addictive thing since Super Mario Bros. 3
35. Seeing people come to know Christ – Ain’t nothing like it in the world.
So there you have it, a few of my favorite things. What are some of your favorite things? For an added bonus scroll down. I added my top 5 guilty pleasures. (Don’t judge me.)
My Top 5 Guilty Pleasures
1. Pop Music – Beyonce, Justin, Britney, Black Eyed Peas….I can’t help it.
2. Wizards of Waverly Place – Sure I’m 30 and a guy, and sure this show is on the Disney channel targeting tweens, and sure it may seem creepy that I like the show, and sure my wife makes fun of me…but I still like it.
3. WWE – It’s true.
4. Vegas – Not for the gambling but the sure audacity of the architecture.
5. My iPhone – Sometimes when no one is looking…I hug it.