In a few weeks we will be leaving Southern California to complete our move to New Orleans. As the time draws near I have been uncharacteristically reminiscent. I have realized there are some things I will actually miss about this place. Of course I am going to miss family and friends to the point that I am pretty sure I will not be able to effectively communicate, but I will also miss a few things that are unique to So Cal. So here is my list of 12 things that I will in fact miss about Southern California.
12. Jamba Juice – In New Orleans we have Smoothie King, which (in my opinion) is far below the deliciousness that is Jamba.
11.The Long Beach Airport – So fast, so close, so great.
10. Trader Joe’s – Oh Trader Joe’s – you and your ways.
9. Earthquakes – There not often and rarely large but they make an otherwise boring day a bit more interesting.
8. Mexican Food – It’s the closest thing to Mexico…literally.
7. Santa Monica – I always wanted to live in you.
6. Big Bear – My favorite escape.
5. The El Dorado Nature Preserve My favorite God spot…and about the only non beach nature around me.
4. My Ralph’s – You have ben the best neighborhood grocery store a guy could have ever asked for.
3. The Beach – Let me be clear, not the sand, but the beach. Although dirty, you were always wonderful during sunsets and night-time bon fires.
2. In N Out – This needs no explanation
1. The Disneyland Resort – I will miss you most of all old friend.
There it is…Stay tuned for my list of things I will not be missing.