10. Hockey – I love hockey and I will finally be living in a city again with a pro hockey team. The Nashville Predators, I don’t know you yet, but I will – and since I can’t possible root for the Tennessee Titans (Go Saints!), I will most assuredly root for you.
9. Career and personal advancement for all three of us – It is one of the primary reasons we are moving after all.
8. Nature – Its everywhere. You can be out in the country in about 15 minutes from almost anywhere in Nashville. There are lakes and rivers that you can actually go swimming in, we are only three hours away from The Smokey Mountains, and there are greenways and hiking trails, literally, everywhere.
7. Music – I’m not a big country fan, but did you know that although Nashville is the country music mecca it also has a ton of other musical offerings? It’s true. Rock, folk, bluegrass, blues, christian, and a whole lot of stuff in between. This is also means we can finally get Tara and Raz to come visit us which brings me to….
6. New Place to Visit for our friends and family – There is always an open spot at The Lytle House and you all know how I love to play tour guide.
5. Closer to some family – We will be within driving distance of everyone on Leanne’s side of the family. This is the first time this has happened in our marriage. Also, Nashville has more straight flights then New Orleans does to Los Angeles which makes getting home to my family easier as well.
4. Friendly People – Seriously, every time we have gone to Nashville we have encountered the friendliest people. It’s not just our opinion either…they were ranked. It’s actually a little terrifying in a way, but its kind of nice as well.
3. Cultural Activities – Having so many Universities has enabled Nashville to offer a ton of cultural activities. Theatre, ballet, art museums, history, science centers, symphonies, and a ton more ensure that our family can continue to be unsheltered.
2. Dollywood – Technically not in Nashville but you know what I will be 2.5 hours away. Why is this important? You must not know me. My first crush was Dolly Parton and for many years I have wanted to go to Dollywood. Mock me if you will…I can handle it, but mark my words, by year’s end I will be posting about my visit.
And my number one reason is….
1. SEASONS! – We will finally be living in a place that actually has four seasons. We can watch the leaves change colors and go to a pumpkin farm or apple picking. We can bundle up and actually wear scarves and hats and even occasionally play in the snow. We can watch the brightness of Spring actually come forth and, for the first time in a long time, I might not despise Summer…because in Nashville, Summer doesn’t last 7 months.
So those are my Top 10 reasons I am excited for our move to Nashville. Up next, my Top 10 things I will miss about New Orleans.
Until next time….